Wednesday 16 March 2016

Trifloral Jelly - Osmanthus with Wolfberries

It is always a hit at every gathering or pot luck that I always prepare the Osmanthus Jelly to bring along. At the same time, I also love to drink Trifloral Osmanthus flavor as it gives a very nice fragrance and best of all, it has very high antioxidants which can relieve stress, headache, aid weight management and especially good for sore throat (and I have to give a high five for this as I personally experience this when I was preparing for my children workshop in April'15 at CoolDeSac and I was down with a really bad cough and on the verge of losing my voice. I drank 2 tea bags the day before and another on the next morning prior to the workshop. Luckily I was able to talk non-stop for almost half a day without much hiccups. So trust me, this is really good !!)


This round we have a gathering at my house, I decided to try to add in the tea to give a more aromatic Osmanthus tea flavor and true enough, the overall experience is really awesome!


Everyone loves the jelly and its also very refreshing & thirst quenching after a very sinful dinner :)


Hope you will also love this jelly as much as I do. Do give me your comments after trying out this recipe.




Closed up view of the jelly. I loved the visual effects of Osmanthus flowers and wolfberries showing in the jelly




 
soak a bag of trifloral to 500ml of water. I only put 1 bag as I'm adding osmanthus flowers so I do not want to overwhelm the taste.


add osmanthus flowers to the trifloral in a pot and bring to a boil, add in Konnyaku jelly powder and stir till dissolved

prepare the soaked wolfberries in the jelly mould

pour the jelly mixture in the jelly mould

I tried a different method by separating the Trifloral from the jelly mixture and only pour in after the mixture is dissolved.  The jelly mixture once off the heat from the stove, gets solidify pretty fast. My verdict is I still prefer the first method I have shared earlier as it's easier to manage.


I loved the QQ texture of Konnyaku jelly over agar agar or the normal jelly
made another batch for my colleagues after my gathering over the weekend. Got a thumbs up from them :)
Thanks & Best Regards,
Karen Lim
9843-4599
 

No comments:

Post a Comment