Wednesday 17 August 2016

Behavior Charts

Something I would like to share what I have been doing with Sher to get her ready for P1 since the start of 2016, well I know its a bit too early and Kiasu right?

Very blessed is since K1, Sher's teachers have been setting them the mood to P1 and especially this year in K2, it was even more which gives them what they would be doing when they goes to P1.

Thus, Sher was even more excited as she is visualizing herself to buy food from the canteen during recess time and how her classroom will looked like etc.

So exciting isn't it? I bet you would be as much as you see her narrating.

Here am I, I'm also trying to get her in the routine of preparing Sher to be more independent and we are trying out this behavior chart which I chanced upon from the website that I would like to share.

I choose this template so I can customize the activities that I would like Sher to be doing.

After we discussed, this is the list of activities that we will be focusing for 2016 and only for Monday to Friday. At the end of the week, she will draw the treat / reward she wants and work towards it.

We paste this chart on the fridge and Sher will get to put a tick for every activity she has completed and there is no time limit so as not to put stress on her but more of cultivating the discipline to set the routine.

Feel free to explore the link which I share below and hope you can find some joy in creating a behavior chart for the daily routine :)

Mid year & 3rd quarter progress check, we still have room for improvement and she's definitely getting the hang of the routine with an occasional nudge to get things going......



Saw the "good" Friday on the row? haha yes, this is her April chart.
Can you guess what's her reward that she drew on the chart?


 

Best Regards,
Karen Lim
9843-4599



No comments:

Post a Comment